Are you 18-24 years old?
Do you identify as having a disability(ies)?
Do you want to fully participate in your community?
Do you live in the Halifax area?
Join our Community Access Program! Apply below:
If you are filling out our CAP application form on your smartphone, click here to access the application.
As a Community Access Program team member you will:
- Participate in life skills activities, which include: learning to budget, shop, and prepare a meal; taking the bus; how to disclose your disability.
- Complete employability skills workshops like: motivation and goal setting; creating a cover letter and resume; interview skills.
- Gain employability skills through community volunteer experiences.
- Engage in social activities chosen as a group (examples include: going bowling, visiting a museum, arts and crafts).
- And so much more!
- CAP runs for 9 weeks;
- Interviews start April 24, 2023;
- Participants start CAP Tuesday, May 16, 2023;
- CAP wrap-up celebration is on Friday, July 14, 2023
- “I really liked the in-person classes and the places we went on Fridays.”
- “I was taught how to really put my mind and thoughts on what I'm interested in and possibly going further ahead with in the future.”
- “I met some new friends and I liked the staff and the good teamwork atmosphere.”
- "I liked everything about CAP!”