The Lois Miller Tulip Award recognizes a person, group or organization that exemplifies the spirit of independent living and enables people living with disabilities have control and informed choice over their lives.
Lois Miller served as the ILNS Executive Director for 13 years before she retired in 2011. The Award is named in honour of her tireless and active leadership on behalf of people living with disabilities.
- The Lois Miller Tulip Award nominee has exemplified the spirit of independent living and made contributions enabling people living with a disabilities to live independently.
- The Lois Miller Tulip Award nominee has been informed and is accepting the nomination.
- The deadline for application submissions is October 15 at 4:30 p.m. Please ensure any mailed applications are delivered to ILNS by this deadline.
- The Selection Committee will review all submissions, contact the top-ranked nominees for an interview and notify the successful candidate and nominator.
- During ILNS' Christmas Gala and Dance, the successful candidate will be presented with the Lois Miller Tulip Award.
To make a nomination please fill out the Nomination Package below or download the Word document at the bottom of the page:
Previous award winners of the
Lois Miller Tulip Award
2019 Jennifer Powley
2017 Lillianne Dube and Grace McNee
2014 The James McGregor Stewart Society
2013 Claredon Robicheau
2012 Don Glover
2011 Lois Miller
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
If you are mailing a nomination package, please send it to:
Independent Living Nova Scotia
L151 - 7071 Bayers Road
Halifax, NS B3L 2C2