Reaching for Inclusive, Successful Education and Employment (RISE) Employment Transition Program
Intake 2: April 19 - October 1, 2021 (program is full for this period)
Intake 3: October 25, 2021 - April 22, 2022 (accepting applications for this program period)
Independent Living Nova Scotia is offering a 24 week paid employment transition program for youth between the ages of 18-30 who identify as having a disability(ies).
The RISE Program focuses on overcoming barriers to employment through employer engagement, accommodation, and targeted training and support.
Participants discover new or enhance their existing skills through:
- Personal & professional development
- Employability skills workshops
- Participating in career exploration & job search strategies
- Work experience and practical applications
- Personalized support to achieve individual independence goals
Participants also complete several certifications that competitively enhance their resumes when applying to different jobs.
- 4 weeks group-based employability skills training & career development exploration;
- 12 weeks essential and employability skills through work experience training;
- 8 week job placement with optional job-coaching and workplace accommodations.
Intake is limited! Apply below or contact email@example.com
We are accepting applications for our RISE Program on a continuing basis. Please note that our next RISE phase will begin April 19, 2021.